Canary Islands - Lanzarote (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lanzarote chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guidebook.
Intimately intertwined with the legacy of 20th-century lanzaroteño artist and environmentalist César Manrique, Lanzarote is an intriguing island with an utterly extraordinary geology of 300 volcanic cones, eerie blackened lava fields and the occasional bucolic, palm-filled valley.
- marvel at the otherworldly lavascapes of the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya
- escape to Isla Graciosa’s empty beaches
- taste the fruits of volcanic vines
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Central Lanzarote, Arrecife, Costa Teguise, Teguise, San Bartolomé, Tiagua, Lanzarote’s Wine Country, Parque Nacional de Timanfaya, Northern Lanzarote, Arrieta, Malpaís de la Corona, Órzola, Mirador del Río, Haría, La Caleta de Famara, Isla Graciosa, Southern Lanzarote, Puerto del Carmen, Yaiza, El Golfo, Playa Blanca, Punta del Pa-pagayo.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.