Canary Islands - La Palma (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Palma chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guidebook.
La Palma, the greenest of the Canarian islands, offers the chance to experience real, un-spoiled nature – from the verdant forests of the north, where lush vegetation drips from the rain-forest canopy; to the desertscapes of the south, where volcanic craters and twisted rock for-mations define the views.
- gaze deep into the Milky Way from the world-class stargazing spot of Roque de los Muchachos
- take an evening stroll through the historic streets of picturesque Santa Cruz de la Pal-ma
- hike into the natural wonderland of Parque Nacional de la Caldera de Taburiente
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santa Cruz de la Palma, Southern La Palma, Villa de Mazo, Parque Ecológico de Belmaco, Fuencaliente, Central La Palma, Los Cancajos, El Paso, Parque Nacional de la Caldera de Taburiente, Los Llanos de Aridane, Puerto Naos, Northern La Palma, San Andrés, Los Tiles, Barlovento, Parque Cultural La Zarza.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.