Canary Islands - La Gomera (PDF Chapter)
From a distance La Gomera appears as an impenetrable fortress ringed with soaring rock walls. Viewed from up close, however, that rough landscape translates into lush valleys, awe-inspiring cliffs and stoic rock formations sculpted by ancient volcanic activity and erosion.
- explore the fern-filled trails of the Parque Nacional de Garajonay, the laurel forest at the island’s heart
- be amazed by the tropical flowers, plants and fruits of the lush Vallehermoso
- soak up the beauty of Valle Gran Rey, with its plunging valleys and picture-perfect terraced hillsides
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Sebastián de la Gomera, Parque Nacional de Garajonay, Hermigua, El Cedro, Agulo, Las Rosas, Vallehermoso & around, Playa Santiago, Alajeró and Valle Gran Rey.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.