Canary Islands - La Gomera (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Gomera chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guide-book.
Without the tourist-resort trappings of golden sands and animated nightlife, La Gomera has a tangible bohemian air; many foreign residents arrived here in the 1960s flower-power days. Pas-tel-painted San Sebastián is the low-key hub, while the laid-back southern beach towns draw sunseekers.
- wander the fairy-tale laurisilva forest at Parque Nacional de Garajonay, La Gomera’s heart, and climb its tallest peak
- peer into colourful backstreets and delve into the island’s history in pint-sized San Sebas-tián de la Gomera
- marvel at the tropical fauna of lush Vallehermoso
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Sebastián de la Gomera, Parque Nacional de Garajonay, Northern La Gomera, Hermigua, El Cedro, Agulo, Vallehermoso, Alojera, Los Ór-ganos, Southern La Gomera, Playa Santiago, Alajeró & Around, El Cercado, Valle Gran Rey.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.