Canary Islands - Gran Canaria (PDF Chapter)
Gran Canaria is a continent in miniature, with dramatic terrain ranging from the leafy north to the mountainous interior and desert south. There’s scope for hiking, cycling and watersports, while culture-vultures can be similarly satiated, particularly in historic capital Las Palmas.
- drink in the incredible views from a restaurant terrace in mountaintop Tejeda
- stroll the sands of Playa de las Canteras then explore the historic Vegueta barrio in Las Palmas
- dig into lunch at a cave restaurant in the dramatic Barranco de Guayadeque
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Las Palmas De Gran Canaria, Tafira Alta, Caldera de Bandama & Santa Brígida, Vega de San Mateo, Telde, Agüimes, Barranco de Guayadeque, Teror, Arucas, Moya, Santa María de Guía, Gáldar, Agaete & Puerto de las Nieves, Aldea de San Nicolás, Artenara, Tejeda & around, San Bartolomé de Tirajana, Fataga, Playa Del Inglés & Maspalomas, Puerto Rico & Arguineguín, Puerto de Mogán and Mogán.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.