Canary Islands - Gran Canaria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gran Canaria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guide-book.
Gran Canaria is a continent in miniature, with dramatic variations of terrain ranging from the green and leafy north to the lush mountainous interior and the desert south. In beautiful Arte-nara, the sheer drama of the mountains reaches a crescendo.
- drink in the incredible views from a restaurant terrace at the mountaintop village of Tejeda
- set out to explore the historic Vegueta barrio (district) in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- motor up stupendous Barranco de Guayadeque and dine in a cave restaurant at the very end of the road
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Eastern Gran Canaria, Caldera de Bandama & Santa Brígida, Telde, Agüimes, Barranco de Guayadeque, Temisas, Northern Gran Canaria, Teror, Arucas, Moya, Santa María de Guía, Gáldar, Agaete & Puerto de las Nieves, Central Gran Canaria, Artenara, Tejeda & Around, San Bartolomé de Tirajana, Fataga, Southern Gran Canaria, Maspalomas, Puerto de Mogán, Mogán, Mogán to Aldea de San Nicolás.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation