Canary Islands - Feurteventura (PDF Chapter)
This is the Fuerteventura chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guide-book.
Blown by the wind and baked by the sun, Fuerteventura is truly an arresting spectacle: for the full-on, wide-angle perspective of the Martian-like landscape, climb up to the Mirador Astronómico de Sicasumbre and take it all in.
- surf, windsurf or just enjoy a sunset dinner in laid-back El Cotillo
- kick off your shoes to do cartwheels in the soft, powdery sand of Parque Natural de Cor-ralejo
- discover the beautifully unspoiled sands of Playa de Cofete in the southwest of Fuerte-ventura
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Puerto del Rosario, Central Fuerteventura, Betancuria & Around, Antigua & Around, Pájara, Caleta de Fuste, Gran Tarajal, Northern Fuerteventura, Los Molinos & Around, La Oliva, Corralejo, El Cotillo, Lajares, Península de Jandía, La Lajita, Costa Calma, La Pared, Playa de Sotavento de Jandía, Morro Jable & Around, Cofete.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.