Canary Islands - El Hierro (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
It’s impossible not to be entranced by El Hierro’s slow pace and simple style; by its craggy coast, where waves hurl themselves against lava-sculpted rock; by its flower meadows and eerily beautiful juniper groves; and by its volcanic badland moonscapes.
- stroll among the towering pines in the pristine El Pinar forest
- tackle the Camino de Jinama, one of the island’s best downhill walks, for vast views of El Golfo and the Atlantic
- walk among juniper trees sculpted by the wind into eerie, gnome-like shapes at El Sabinar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Valverde, El Mocanal, Echedo, Tamaduste & La Caleta, Puerto de la Estaca & Las Playas, Mirador de la Peña, San Andrés & around, Isora, El Pinar, Hoya del Morcillo & around, La Restinga, El Golfo, Las Puntas, La Maceta & Charco Los Sargos, Tigaday, La Frontera, Los Llanillos & Sabinosa, La Dehesa, Ermita de Nuestra Señora de los Reyes and El Sabinar.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.