Canary Islands - El Hierro (PDF Chapter)
This is the El Hierro chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guidebook.
It’s impossible not to be entranced by El Hierro’s slow pace and simple soulfulness; by its craggy coast; its eerily beautiful juniper groves and serene pine forests; by its peaceful walking trails and flower meadows; and by its volcanic southern moonscapes.
- tackle one of the island’s top hikes on the Camino de Jinama
- take a dip at the Atlantic-washed natural pool of La Maceta, then wander the coastal cliffs
- soak up the spectacular gulf panorama of Mirador de la Peña
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern & Eastern El Hierro, Valverde, Echedo, El Mocanal, Mirador de la Peña, Tamaduste & La Caleta, Timijiraque & Las Playas, San Andrés, Isora, Southern El Hierro, El Pinar, La Restinga, El Golfo, Tigaday, La Frontera, Las Puntas, Los Llanillos & Sabinosa, La Dehesa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.