Canada - Northwest Territories (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwest Territories chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guide-book.
The Northwest Territories has a potent combo of epic, beautiful, accessible terrain, indige-nous culture and a cosmopolitan regional capital. This vast swath of boreal forest and Arctic tun-dra is five times the size of the UK, with the population of a small town.
- paddle past gorgeous hot springs or fly over Canada’s most spectacular waterfall in Na-hanni National Park Reserve
- embark on one of Canada’s iconic road trips on the Dempster Hwy
- enjoy NWT’s cosmopolitan capital, Yellowknife, and see the aurora borealis
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yellowknife, North Slave, Highway 3, South Slave, Mackenzie Highway, Hay River, Fort Smith, Wood Buffalo National Park, Dehcho, Fort Simpson, Nahanni National Park Reserve, Sahtu, Norman Wells, Western Arctic, Inuvik, Tuktoyaktuk, Banks Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation