Canada - Yukon Territory (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yukon Territory chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
This vast and thinly populated wilderness, where most four-legged species far outnumber humans, has a grandeur and beauty only appreciated by experience. Few places in the world today have been so unchanged over the course of time.
- love the vibe of Dawson City, Canada’s funkiest historic town
- spend an extra day in surprising, culture-filled Whitehorse
- spot moose and bears along the stunning Klondike Hwy – they may outnumber cars
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Whitehorse & Around, Alaska Highway, Haines Highway, Klondike Highway, Carcross, Carmacks, Stewart Crossing, Dawson City, Dempster Highway, Arctic Parks.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation