Canada's Best Trips - The Prairie Provinces & the North (PDF Chapter)
This is the Prairie Provinces & the North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada’s Best Trips guidebook.
This region is home to fabled national parks, archaeological wonders and the peaceful grasslands where bison still roam. These road trips offer abundant allure for adventurers: hiking, kayaking, camping and just enjoying the views of lakes, mountains and forests.
- set off from Calgary into a realm of big skies, indigenous sites and awe-inspiring fossil fields on the Dinosaurs, Hoodoos & the Wild West trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- revel in Canada’s majestic wilderness, complete with soaring mountains, glacial lakes and thundering waterfalls on the Icefields Parkway
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- serene grasslands set the stage for discovering creatures great and small on the Explore Southern Saskatchewan trip: from a towering T. Rex to petite prairie dogs
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Dinosaurs, Hoodoos & the Wild West, Icefields Park-way, Explore Southern Saskatchewan, North from Saskatoon, Klondike Highway, Dempster Highway
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.