Canada's Best Trips - The Atlantic Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Atlantic Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada’s Best Trips guidebook.
Home to Canada’s craggiest coastline, loneliest lighthouses and fiercest tides, this is a land where you can feel the full force of nature at work. This part of Canada has been profoundly shaped by the sea: geologically, historically and temperamentally.
- explore a fascinating medley of easy-going towns, secluded beaches and dramatic coastal parks in Central Nova Scotia
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find iconic coastal scenery, plus plenty of surprises – including vineyards and age-old petroglyphs – on the South Shore Circular
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- embark on the legendary Cabot Trail, traversing verdant forests, soaring cliff tops and sparkling fog-kissed bays
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Central Nova Scotia, South Shore Circular, The Cabot Trail, Two Islands, Three Provinces, Icebergs, Vikings & Whales
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation