Canada's Best Trips - Quebec (PDF Chapter)
This is the Québec chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada’s Best Trips guide-book.
A road trip into Québec feels like a journey to another country. Québec’s embrace of terroir, its language, its passion for everything from winter snow to wine to gastronomy encompasses iden-tities both distinctly North American and European.
- wander laid-back villages, hike wooded trails and relax amid mountain scenery on the Up to the Lau-rentians trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore forested lakes, rolling vineyards, and fine food and antique markets on the Eastern Townships trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- delve into Québécois pop culture, lounge on a river beach and catch a show in a former hydroelectric plant from Montréal to Québec City
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Up to the Laurentians, Eastern Townships, Montréal to Québec City, Around, Over & In the St Lawrence River, The Saguenay Fjord & Lac St Jean, Circling the Gaspé Peninsula
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.