Canada's Best Trips - Ontario (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ontario chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada’s Best Trips guide-book.
The breathtaking four-seasonal palette of Ontario’s vast wilderness, endless forests and abundant wildlife awaits. Whether you want to reconnect with nature or lose yourself in the ex-citement of the most multiculturally diverse and socially cohesive region on earth, you’ve come to the right place.
- tour islands, forested reserves and sandy beaches on the photogenic Lake Superior Coastline
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- immerse yourself in culture with Mennonite markets, First Nations museums and a world-class thea-ter on the People & Culture Loop
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take your pick from vineyards, botanical gardens and one awe-inspiring set of waterfalls on the Niag-ara Peninsula
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Lake Superior Coastline, People & Culture Loop, The Niagara Peninsula, The Kawarthas, Southern Ontario, Nature Loop, Thousand Island Park-way.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.