Canada's Best Trips - British Columbia (PDF Chapter)
This is the British Colombia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada’s Best Trips guidebook.
Follow winding roads into the deep forests of northern Vancouver Island, where bald eagles patrol and black bears munch dandelions, or point your wheels north toward Whistler, where dramatic glazed mountaintops scrape the sky.
- brave suspension bridges and relive pioneer life on the Vancouver & the Fraser Valley trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- go from coastal towns to snowy peaks with classic BC sights and views en route on the Sea to Sky Highway trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- find some of BC’s largest trees, contemporary fishing villages and an awe-inspiring ferry ride on A Strait Hop trip
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Vancouver & the Fraser Valley, Sea to Sky Highway, A Strait Hop, Southern Vancouver Island Tour, Vancouver Island’s Remote North, Okanagan Valley Wine Tour, Haida Gwaii Adventure, Circling the Rockies, Around the Kootenays.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation