Canada - Prince Edward Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Prince Edward Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guide-book.
Fringed by grassy bluffs, flat pastures and miles of rust-red sand, Prince Edward Island (PEI) presents a postcardworthy picture of pastoral Canada. Famed for its shellfish, lobsters and oys-ters, the island excels in farm-to-table dining and modern Canadian cuisine.
- wander the elegant streets of Charlottetown, PEI’s compact capital
- follow in Anne of Green Gables’ fictional footsteps around the home of author LM Mont-gomery
- step on the strange squeaking sands of far-easterly Basin Head Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Charlottetown, Eastern Prince Edward Island, Wood Islands, Montague & Georgetown, Souris & Around, St Peter’s Bay to Mt Stewart, Central Prince Edward Island, Victoria, Prince Edward Island National Park, Brackley Beach, Rustico & North Rustico, New Glasgow, New London, Kensington, Cavendish, Western Prince Edward Island, Summerside, Tyne Valley.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation