Canada - Ontario (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ontario chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
The breathtaking four-seasonal palette of Ontario’s vast wilderness, endless forests and abundant wildlife awaits. Whether you want to reconnect with nature or lose yourself in the ex-citement of vibrant Toronto or Ottawa, you’ve come to the right place.
- discover what fashionistas and foodies adore about Toronto’s diverse neighborhoods
- get cultured in Ottawa, with its French flavors, world-class museums and ByWard Mar-ket
- explore beautiful Tobermory on the Bruce Peninsula, then catch the ferry to Manitoulin Is-land
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Toronto, Niagara Peninsula, Niagara Falls, Niagara Peninsula Wine Country, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Southwestern Ontario, Hamilton, Brantford, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Elora & Fergus, Stratford, Lake Huron Shoreline, London, Windsor, Amherstburg, Leamington & Pelee Island, Port Stanley, Port Dover & Around, Muskoka Lakes, Orillia, Gravenhurst, Bracebridge, Rosseau & Port Carling, Huntsville, Georgian Bay, Parry Sound, Midland & Penetanguishene, Collingwood & Blue Mountain, Bruce Peninsula, Northern Ontario, Killarney Provincial Park, Sudbury, Elliot Lake, Sault Ste Marie, Lake Superior Shoreline, Thunder Bay, Cochrane to Moose Factory & Moosonee, Temagami, North Bay, Eastern Ontario, Algonquin Provincial Park, Haliburton Highlands, Peterborough & the Kawarthas, Land O’ Lakes, Prince Edward County, Kingston, Thousand Islands, Brockville & Prescott, Merrickville, Morris-burg, Ottawa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation