Canada - Nunavut (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nunavut chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
Picture a treeless, ice-encrusted wilderness lashed by unrelenting weather with a population density that makes Greenland seem claustrophobic. Add polar bears, narwhals, beluga whales and a scattered Inuit population who have successfully mastered a landscape so harsh that for-eigners could not colonize it.
- feel small beside the planet’s most precipitous cliffs in Auyuittuq National Park
- encounter colourful Inuit prints in the art mecca of Cape Dorset
- go on a once-in-a-lifetime musk-ox-watching adventure in Quttinirpaaq National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Iqaluit, Baffin Region, Pangnirtung, Auyuittuq Na-tional Park, Cape Dorset, Pond Inlet, Kimmirut, Resolute, Quttinirpaaq National Park, Kivalliq Re-gion, Rankin Inlet, Naujaat, Kitikmeot Region, Cambridge Bay, Gjoa Haven.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.