Canada - Nunavut (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nunavut chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
Treeless, ice-encrusted wilderness lashed by unrelenting weather with a population density that makes Greenland seem claustrophobic. Add polar bears, narwhals, beluga whales and a scattered Inuit population who have successfully mastered a landscape so harsh that foreigners could not colonize it.
- feel small beside the planet’s most precipitous cliffs in Auyuittuq National Park
- encounter serpentine polar bears and colourful Inuit prints at Cape Dorset
- go on a musk-ox-watching adventure in Canada’s northernmost national park, Quttinirpaaq National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Iqaluit, Baffin Region, Pangnirtung, Auyuittuq National Park, Cape Dorset, Pond Inlet, Kimmirut, Resolute, Quttinirpaaq National Park, Kivalliq Region, Rankin Inlet, Ukkusiksalik National Park, Naujaat, Kitikmeot Region and Cambridge Bay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.