Canada - Nova Scotia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nova Scotia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
Facing the restless swells of the Atlantic, Nova Scotia is a place that’s steeped in the sea. With its candy-striped lighthouses, salty fishing towns and towering red cliffs, this Maritime prov-ince feels thrillingly rugged and wild.
- drive Cape Breton’s snaking coastal road on the Cabot Trail
- learn about the immigrant experience at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- wander the orderly streets of the model colonial town of Lunenburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Halifax & Around, Dartmouth, Peggy’s Cove, South Shore, Chester, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, Liverpool, Kejimkujik National Park, Shelburne, Aca-dian Shores, Yarmouth, French Shore, Annapolis Valley, Digby, Long Island & Brier Island, An-napolis Royal, Wolfville & Grand Pré, Central Nova Scotia, Parrsboro, Advocate Harbour, Sunrise Trail, Tatamagouche, Pictou, Antigonish, Cape Breton Island, Ceilidh Trail, Cabot Trail, Baddeck, Sydney & North Sydney, Eastern Shore.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation