Canada - Nova Scotia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nova Scotia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
Nova Scotia is the real deal. Its wild and wonderfully varied landscape is home to a diverse population of resourceful, hospitable folk, who love to sing and dance but who’d happily break you at dodgeball in a second.
- drive Cape Breton Island’s breathtaking twists and turns on the Cabot Trail
- marvel at the province’s long colonial history at Louisbourg National Historic Site
- contemplate Canada’s multicultural roots in the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Halifax & Around, Dartmouth, Peggy’s Cove, South Shore, Chester, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, Liverpool, Kejimkujik National Park, Shelburne, Acadian Shores, French Shore, Yarmouth, Annapolis Valley, Long Island, Brier Island, Digby, Bear River, Annapolis Royal, Wolfville & Grand Pré, Windsor, Central Nova Scotia, Shubenacadie, Maitland, Truro, Economy & Five Islands, Parrsboro, Advocate Harbour, Sunrise Trail, Tatamagouche, Pictou, New Glasgow, Antigonish, Cape Breton Island, Ceilidh Trail, Cabot Trail, The Far North, Baddeck, North Sydney, Sydney, Louisbourg, Eastern Shore, Guysborough, Canso and Tangier.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.