Canada - Northwest Territories (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwest Territories chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
More people orbit the earth each year than visit lonely Aulavik, one of the territory’s four national parks. What they’re missing is something unique: a potent combo of epic, remarkably beautiful, accessible terrain, singular aboriginal culture and a vibrant, cosmopolitan regional capital.
- canoe past gorgeous hot springs and gorging bears in Nahanni National Park Reserve
- pack two spare tires and a camera for the gob-smacking Dempster Highway
- drive your own sled with a husky team beneath the aurora borealis in Yellowknife
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yellowknife & Around, Ingraham Trail, North Slave, Highway 3, South Slave, Mackenzie Highway, Hay River, Fort Smith, Wood Buffalo National Park, Deh Cho, Fort Simpson, Nahanni National Park Reserve, Liard Trail, Sahtu, Norman Wells, Western Arctic, Inuvik, Tuktoyaktuk and Banks Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.