Canada - Newfoundland & Labrador (PDF Chapter)
This is the Newfoundland & Labrador chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
If you enjoy the rugged and the rough, there are few more beautiful places. Yet ever contrasting the harsh geography is a culture that is, simply, magic, and the ever-present chill is countered by the warmest locals you’ll ever meet.
- hoist a drink, take a ghost tour and soak up the history of North America’s oldest city in St John’s
- trek through magnificent coastal scenery on the Skerwink Trail
- share the waves with whales and puffins in Witless Bay Ecological Reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: St John’s, Avalon Peninsula, Southeastern Avalon Peninsula, Baccalieu Trail, Cape Shore, Eastern Newfoundland, Trinity, Bonavista, Burin Pen-insula, St-Pierre & Miquelon, Central Newfoundland, Gander, Twillingate Island & New World Is-land, Fogo Island & Change Islands, Central South Coast, New-Wes-Valley, Northern Peninsula, Gros Morne National Park, Port au Choix, L’Anse aux Meadows & Around, St Anthony, Western Newfoundland, Corner Brook, Blomidon Mountains, Port au Port Peninsula, Port aux Basques, Cape Ray, South Coast, Killick Coast, Labrador, Labrador Straits, Central Labrador, Labrador West.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.