*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Canada - Manitoba (PDF Chapter)
This is the Manitoba chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
The two prominent stars of Manitoba are Winnipeg, with its big-city sophistication, and Churchill, with its profusion of natural wonders. But it’s what lies between that truly defines this often misunderstood prairie province. Open spaces seem to stretch forever.
- revel in polar bears, beluga whales and even an ancient fort in the subarctic city of Churchill
- hike and paddle Manitoba’s best natural setting at Riding Mountain National Park
- delve deep into Canada’s past in the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, a museum that combines interactive exhibits with cutting-edge architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Winnipeg & Around, Lower Fort Garry, Oak Hammock Marsh, Lake Winnipeg, Gimli, Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park, Southeastern Manitoba, Whiteshell Provincial Park, Western Manitoba, Brandon, Riding Mountain National Park, Northern Manitoba, The Pas, Thompson and Churchill.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.