*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Canada - Manitoba (PDF Chapter)
This is the Manitoba chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
The two prominent stars of Manitoba are Winnipeg, with its big-city sophistication, and Churchill, with its profusion of natural wonders. But it’s what lies between that truly defines this often misunderstood prairie province. Open spaces seem to stretch forever.
- revel in polar bears, beluga whales and even an ancient fort in the subarctic city of Churchill
- hike and paddle Manitoba’s best natural setting at Riding Mountain National Park
- delve deep into Canada’s past in the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, a museum that combines interactive exhibits with cutting-edge architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Winnipeg & Around, Lower Fort Garry, Oak Hammock Marsh, Lake Winnipeg, Gimli, Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park, Southeastern Manitoba, Whiteshell Provincial Park, Western Manitoba, Brandon, Riding Mountain National Park, Northern Manitoba, The Pas, Thompson and Churchill.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.