Canada - British Columbia (PDF Chapter)
This is the British Columbia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
Visitors should pack a long list of superlatives with them; the words ‘wow’ and ‘amazing’ will only go so far. It’s easy to wax lyrical about the mighty mountains, deep forests and dramatic coastlines that instantly lower heart rates to tranquil levels.
- stretch your legs on the curvaceous 8.8km seawall stroll in Stanley Park
- surf up a storm (or just watch a storm) in Tofino, on Vancouver Island’s wild west coast
- slurp some celebrated tipples on an ever-winding winery tour in Okanagan Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vancouver, Lower Mainland, Richmond & Steveston, New Westminster, Bowen Island, Sea To Sky Highway, Squamish & Around, Whistler, Sunshine Coast, Gibsons, Roberts Creek, Sechelt, Powell River, Vancouver Island, Victoria, Southern Vancouver Island, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Parksville & Qualicum, Port Alberni, Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, Tofino, Ucluelet, Denman & Hornby Islands, Comox Valley, Campbell River, Strathcona Provincial Park, North Vancouver Island, Southern Gulf Islands, Salt Spring Island, North & South Pender Islands, Galiano Island, Saturna Island, Mayne Island, Fraser & Thompson Valleys, EC Manning Provincial Park, Fraser River Canyon, Lytton, Kamloops, Sun Peaks, Okanagan Valley, Osoyoos, Oliver, Vaseux Lake, Penticton, Penticton to Kelowna, Ke-lowna, Vernon, North of Vernon, The Kootenays & The Rockies, Revelstoke, Revelstoke to Golden, Golden, Yoho National Park, Kootenay National Park, Radium Hot Springs & Around, Fernie & Around, Kimberley, Cranbrook & Around, Rossland & Around, Nelson & Around, Cari-boo Chilcotin Coast, Williams Lake to Prince George, Barkerville & Around, Bowron Lake, Wells Gray Provincial Park, Chilcotin & Highway 20, Bella Coola Valley, Northern British Columbia, Prince Rupert & Around, Haida Gwaii, Prince George & Around, Stewart-Cassiar Highway, Alas-ka Highway.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.