Canada - Alberta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alberta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canada guidebook.
Alberta does lakes and mountains like Rome does cathedrals and chapels, but without the penance. For proof head west to Jasper and Banff, two of the world’s oldest national parks; despite their wild and rugged terrain, they remain untrammeled and easily accessible.
- explore Jurassic remnants in Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology
- soak amidst spectacular mountain peaks in Miette Hot Springs
- step back in time to the days of new immigrants at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Edmonton, Calgary, Banff & Jasper National Parks, Kananaskis Country, Canmore, Icefields Parkway, Banff Town, Lake Louise, Jasper Town & Around, Southern Alberta, Drumheller, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Lethbridge, Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, Crowsnest Pass, Northern Alberta, Peace River & Around, Mackenzie Highway, Lake District.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation