Cambodia - Temples of Angkor (PDF Chapter)
This is the Temples of Angkor chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cambodia guide-book.
The temples of Angkor are a point of pilgrimage for all Cambodians, and no traveller to the re-gion will want to miss their extravagant beauty. Angkor is one of the world’s foremost ancient sites – welcome to heaven on earth.
- watch the sun rise over the holiest of holies, Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious build-ing
contemplate the serenity and splendour of Bayon, its 216 enigmatic faces staring out into the jungle
witness nature reclaiming the stones at the mysterious ruin of Ta Prohm, the Tomb Raider temple
Coverage includes: Angkor Wat, Symbolism, Layout, Bas-Reliefs, Angkor Thom, The Gates of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Baphuon, Terrace of the Leper King, Terrace of Ele-phants, Preah Palilay, Royal Enclosure & Phimeanakas, Preah Pithu, Kleangs & Prasat Suor Prat, Tep Pranam, Around Angkor Thom, Small Circuit, Big Circuit, Roluos Temples, Beyond Angkor, Banteay Srei, Beng Mealea, Phnom Kulen, Kbal Spean, Banteay Samré, Chau Srei Vibol, Phnom Bok, Phnom Krom, Western Baray & Western Mebon, Remote Angkorian Sites, Koh Ker.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation