Cambodia - Northwestern Cambodia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwestern Cambodia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cambodia guidebook.
Looking for temples without the tourist hordes? The remote temples of Northwestern Cambo-dia are a world apart. While hilltop Prasat Preah Vihear is the big hitter, the other temple com-plexes – wrapped in vines and half-swallowed by jungle – are all fabulous to explore.
- chill around Battambang’s colonial charms and venturing to verdant countryside and hilltop temples
- soak up the stupendous vistas from atop the dramatic mountain perch of Prasat Preah Vi-hear
- explore the pre-Angkorian brick temples of Cambodia’s third Unesco World Heritage Site, Sambor Prei Kuk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kompong Chhnang, Pursat, Kompong Luong, North-ern Cardamom Mountains, Battambang Province, Battambang & Around, Pailin, Poipet, Siso-phon, Banteay Chhmar, Anlong Veng, Preah Vihear Province, Preah Vihear City, Prasat Preah Vihear, Preah Khan of Kompong Svay (Prasat Bakan), Kompong Thom Province, Kompong Thom & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation