Cambodia - Eastern Cambodia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Cambodia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cambodia guide-book.
Forest elephants and vocal primates are found in the northeast, and endangered freshwater Irrawaddy dolphins can also be seen. Thundering waterfalls, crater lakes and meandering rivers characterise the landscape, while the hills and lush forests provide a home to many ethnic minor-ity groups.
- kayak with rare freshwater Mekong Irrawaddy dolphins near Kratie and Stung Treng
- dive into the crystal-clear waters of Boeng Yeak Lom in Ratanakiri
- walk with elephants in their element at the Elephant Valley Project
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kompong Cham, Kratie, Stung Treng & Around, Preah Rumkel, Siem Pang, Ratanakiri Province, Ban Lung, Veun Sai, Virachey National Park, Mondulkiri Province, Sen Monorom & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.