California's Best Trips - Southern California (PDF Chapter)
Surf, sand and sex will always sell SoCal, especially in Hollywood’s star-studded dreamscapes. The reality won’t disappoint either: the swimsuits are smaller, the water warmer and summers less foggy here than in NorCal.
- meet Mickey Mouse, then surf the sunbronzed ‘OC’ coast
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- dilly-dally through the desert, then zoom past retro icons into LA on Route 66
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- discover Old West mining ghost towns, strange geology and inspiring panoramic views
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Disneyland, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Knott’s Berry Farm, Corona del Mar, Crystal Cove State Park, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Pacific Marine Mammal Center, Coronado, Balboa Park, Embarcadero, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Ocean Beach, Mission Beach & Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Del Mar, Encinitas, Carlsbad, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Venice, Malibu, Santa Barbara, Burbank, LA Live, Hollywood, Needles, Goffs, Amboy, Newberry Springs & Daggett, Barstow, Elmer’s Place, Victorville, San Bernadino, Padadena, Santa Monica, Baker, Tecopa, Badwater, Zabriskie Point & Dante’s View, Furnace Creek, Mojave National Preserve, Mesquite Flat, Emigrant & Wildrose Canyons, Panamint Springs, Rhyolite, Ubehebe Crater, Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Big Morongo Canyon Preserve, Hidden Valley, Keys View, Oasis of Mara, Salton Sea & Salvation Mountain, Cottonwood Spring, Coachella Valley, Temecula, Palomar Mountain, Julian, Borrego Springs, Ocotillo Wells, Blair Valley, Los Angeles Walking Tour and San Diego Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.