California's Best Trips - Northern California (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
San Francisco is the anchor of California’s most diverse region, even if earthquakes have shown it isn’t rock solid. There’s no shortage of natural places to explore and scenic roads to drive in Northern California.
- navigate byways lined with grapevines, redwoods and Pacific bluffs near dreamy Mendocino
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- tour a pastoral, down-to-earth part of Wine Country, starting from historic Sonoma
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- meander ocean-view back roads, float in the river and taste fabulous vintages
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Golden Gate Bridge, Marin Headlands, Sausalito, Muir Woods, Angel Island, Muir Beach & Stinson Beach, Mt Tamalpais, Bolinas, Point Reyes National Seashore, Sebastopol, Petaluma, Point Reyes Station, Tomales Bay, San Francisco, Berkeley, Napa, Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford, St Helena, Calistoga, Robert Louis Stevenson State Park, Petrified Forest & Safari West, Silverado Trail, Cornerstone Gardens, Homewood & Gundlach-Bundschu Wineries, Traintown, Sonoma, Oak Hill Farm & Imagery Estate, Bartholomew Park, Glen Ellen, Jack London State Historic Park, Kenwood, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley, Hopland, Clear Lake, Bohemian Highway, Coleman Valley Road, Bodega Bay, Jenner, Bloodthirsty Birds of Bodge, Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve, Guerneville, Russian River Valley Wineries, Boonville, Philo, Van Damme State Park, Big River, Mendocino, Montgomery Woods State Natural Reserve, Orr Hot Springs, Garberville, Shelter Cove, Lost Coast, Avenue of the Giants & Humboldt Redwoods State Park, Scotia, Fortuna, Ferndale, Samoa Peninsula, Trinidad, Patrick’s Point State Park, Humboldt Lagoons State Park, Redwood National Park, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park, Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park, Mt Shasta, Shasta Lake, Redding, Whiskeytown National Recreational Area, Lewiston, Weaverville, Dunsmuir, Willow Creek, Arcata, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park, McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park,
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.