*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
California's Best Trips - Central California (PDF Chapter)
The fairy-tale stretch of coast between San Francisco and LA is too often dismissed as ‘flyover country.’ But it’s packed with beautiful beaches, historic lighthouses and redwood forests that hide magical waterfalls and hot springs, especially in bohemian Big Sur.
- get lost at wild beaches and bohemian camps along coastal Hwy 1
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- be awed by Sierra Nevada peaks, wildflower meadows, giant trees and waterfalls
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- head for the hills and California’s historic pioneer mining towns
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Bixby Bridge, Point Sur State Historic Park, Andrew Molera State Park, Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Pfeiffer Beach, Henry Miller Memorial Library, Esalen Hot Springs, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Los Padres National Forest, Pacifica, Moss Beach, Half Moon Bay, Pescadero, Pigeon Point, Año Nuevo State Park, Waddell Beach, Santa Cruz Mountains, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Pacific Grove, 17-Mile Drive, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, Carmel Valley, Salinas, Moss Landing, San Luis Obispo, Edna Valley, Pismo Beach, Avila Beach, Montaña de Oro State Park, James Dean Memorial, Morro Bay, Pado Robles Wine Country, Santa Barbara, Los Padres National Forest, Solvang, Santa Rita Hills, Los Olivos, Foxen Canyon, Santa Ynez Valley, South Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay & DL Bliss State Parks, Squaw Valley, Truckee, Kings Beach & Tahoe Vista, Crystal Bay & Incline Village, Donne Lake, Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park, Tunnel View, Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows, Glacier Point, Wawona, Mariposa Grove, Grant Grove, Cedar Grove, Giant Forest, Buck Rock Lookout, Crystal Cave, Mineral King Valley, Lone Pine, Whitney Portal, Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, Manzanar National Historic Site, Independence, Bishop, Mammoth Lakes, Reds Meadow, June Lake Loop, Mono Lake, Bodie State Historic Park, Virginia City, Reno, Sonora, Columbia, Angels Camp, California Cavern, Volcano, Sutter Creek, Amador County Wine Country, Placerville, Coloma, around Nevada City, Murphys, Calaveras Big Trees State Park, Bear Valley, Lake Alpine, Ebbetts Pass, Markleeville, Hope Valley, Oroville, Rich Bar, Lake Almanor,
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.