California - Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada (PDF Chapter)
An outdoor-adventurer’s wonderland, the Sierra Nevada is a year-round pageant of snow sports, white-water rafting, hiking, cycling and rock climbing. Skiers and snowboarders blaze through hushed pine-tree slopes, and wilderness seekers come to escape the stresses of modern civilization.
- marvel at the waterfall gush in spring in Yosemite National Park
- whoosh down the wintertime heights of snow-draped Mammoth Mountain
- gaze heavenward through the celestial sequoia canopies of Sequoia & Kings Canyon Na-tional Parks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Gateways, Fish Camp, Oakhurst, Merced River Canyon, Mariposa, Groveland, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, Kings Canyon National Park, Sequoia National Park, Eastern Sierra, Mono Lake Region, Mammoth Lakes & Around, Bishop, Big Pine, Independence, Lone Pine.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.