California - Santa Barbara County (PDF Chapter)
Frankly put, this area is damn pleasant to putter around. Low-slung between lofty mountains and the shimmering Pacific, chic Santa Barbara’s red-tiled roofs, white stucco buildings and Mediterranean vibe give credence to its claim of being the ‘American Riviera.’
- eye panoramic views atop the Vertigo–esque clock tower of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse
- follow the Foxen Canyon Wine Trail to taste top-rated Pinot Noir
- kayak sea caves, hiking windswept cliffs and watching for whales in Channel Islands Na-tional Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santa Barbara & Around, Santa Barbara Wine Coun-try, Wineries, Solvang, Buellton, Montecito, Summerland, Carpinteria, Ojai, Ventura, Channel Is-lands National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.