California - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to California, California’s Top 25 , Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like…, Month by Month, Itineraries, Road Trips & Scenic Drives Beaches, Swimming & Surfing California Camping & Outdoors Travel with Children Eat & Drink Like a Local, and Re-gions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s California guidebook.
Your journey to California starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on road trips and scenic drives.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about beaches, swimming, and surfing
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to California, California’s Top 25, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like: Fantastic Food, Craft Beer, Hiking, Theme Parks, Small Towns, National and State Parks, Nightlife, Weird Stuff, Museums, Film & TV, History, Shopping, Month by Month, Itineraries, Road Trips & Scenic Drives, Beaches, Swimming & Surfing, California Camping & Outdoors, Travel with Children, Eat & Drink Like a Local, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation