*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
California - North Coast & Redwoods (PDF Chapter)
The jagged edge of the continent is wild, scenic and even slightly foreboding, where spectral fog and an outsider spirit have fostered the world’s tallest trees, most potent weed and a string of idiosyncratic two-stoplight towns.
- hike along meandering trails of Redwood National Park, flanked by virgin redwood forests that will give you a crick in your neck
- climb to the top of historic Point Arena Lighthouse for sweeping views over the extraordi-nary coastline
- admire the dazzle of plants and flowers at the coast-side Mendocino Coast Botanical Gar-dens
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Coastal Highway 1, Bodega Bay, Sonoma Coast State Beach, Jenner, Fort Ross State Historic Park, Salt Point State Park, Sea Ranch, Gualala & An-chor Bay, Point Arena, Manchester, Elk, Van Damme State Park, Mendocino, Jug Handle State Reserve, Fort Bragg, MacKerricher State Park, Westport, Along Highway 101, Hopland, Clear Lake, Anderson Valley, Ukiah, Around Ukiah, Willits, Southern Redwood Coast, Leggett, Rich-ardson Grove State Park, Garberville, Lost Coast, Humboldt Redwoods State Park & Avenue of the Giants, Scotia, Ferndale, Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge, Eureka, Samoa Peninsula, Arcata, Northern Redwood Coast, Trinidad, Patrick’s Point State Park, Humboldt Lagoons State Park, Redwood National & State Parks, Klamath, Crescent City, Tolowa Dunes State Park & Lake Earl Wildlife Area, Pelican State Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.