California - Napa & Sonoma Wine Country (PDF Chapter)
America’s premier viticulture region has earned its reputation among the world’s best. Rolling hills, dotted with century-old oaks, turn the color of lion’s fur under the summer sun and swaths of vineyards carpet hillsides as far as the eye can see.
- taste California’s biggest and boldest red wines and fall under their intoxicating spell in the Napa Valley, then grab snacks downtown at Napa’s Oxbow Public Market
- feast in Northern California’s greatest food town, Healdsburg; then, wallet permitting, hit up exciting new restaurant, SingleThread
- submerge yourself in a volcanic-ash mud bath at a fabulous Calistoga hot-springs resort, then sleep in a yurt in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Napa Valley, Napa Valley Wineries, Napa, Yountville, Oakville & Rutherford, St Helena, Calistoga & Around, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma Valley Wineries, Sonoma & Around, Glen Ellen & Kenwood, Russian River Area, Russian River Wineries, Se-bastopol, Occidental & Around, Guerneville & Around, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.