California - Marin County & the Bay Area (PDF Chapter)
The Bay Area encompasses a bonanza of natural vistas and wildlife. In Marin County, wiz-ened ancient redwoods body-block the sun, herds of elegant tule elk prance along the bluffs of Tomales Bay and gray whales show some fluke off Point Reyes peninsula.
- gaze up at a majestic redwood canopy at Muir Woods National Monument
- spot gray whales from the lighthouse at Point Reyes National Seashore
- ferry over from San Francisco to bohemian Sausalito houseboats bobbing in the bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Marin County, Marin Headlands, Sausalito, Tiburon, Sir Francis Drake Boulevard & Around, San Rafael, Mill Valley, Mt Tamalpais State Park, Muir Woods National Monument, Muir Beach, Stinson Beach, Bolinas, Olema & Nicasio, Point Reyes Station, Inverness, Point Reyes National Seashore, East Bay, Oakland, Berkeley, Mt Diablo State Park, John Muir National Historic Site, The Peninsula, San Jose & Around, Pacifica, Devil’s Slide & Around, Half Moon Bay & Around, Pescadero, Año Nuevo State Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.