California - Lake Tahoe (PDF Chapter)
Shimmering in myriad shades of blue and green, Lake Tahoe is the USA’s second-deepest lake. Drive around the spellbinding 72-mile scenic shoreline, swim, kayak or windsurf in summer, or ski the surrounding peaks in winter.
- survey the shimmering expanse of Lake Tahoe from a kayak or from the sandy beach at Zephyr Cove
- swoosh down the vertiginous double-black-diamond runs of Heavenly ski resort
- trek Rubicon Trail from Vikingsholm Castle on sparkling Emerald Bay to DL Bliss State Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South Lake Tahoe & Stateline, Lake Tahoe Western Shore, Emerald Bay State Park, DL Bliss State Park, Meeks Bay, Ed Z’berg Sugar Pine Point State Park, Tahoma, Homewood, Sunnyside, Tahoe City, Squaw Valley, Truckee & Donner Lake, Lake Tahoe Northern Shore, Tahoe Vista, Kings Beach, Crystal Bay (Nevada), Lake Tahoe East-ern Shore (Nevada), Incline Village, Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Park, Reno (Nevada).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.