California - Central Coast (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Too often forgotten or dismissed as ‘flyover’ country between San Francisco and LA, this fairy-tale stretch of California coast is packed with wild beaches, misty redwood forests where hot springs hide, and rolling golden hills of fertile vineyards and farm fields.
- learn to surf, and scaring yourself silly on the Giant Dipper along the famed beach board-walk in Santa Cruz
- cruise Hwy 1, where the sky touches the sea along the rocky coastline of mystical Big Sur
- be mesmerized by aquatic denizens of the ‘indoor ocean’ at the superb aquarium in Mon-terey
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Along Highway 1, Santa Cruz & Around, Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, Point Piedras Blancas, Mission San Antonio De Padua, San Simeon, Hearst Castle, Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay, Montaña de Oro State Park, Along Highway 101, San Juan Bautista, Gilroy, Salinas, Pinnacles National Park, San Miguel, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach, Pismo Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.