Buenos Aires - Understand Buenos Aires & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Buenos Aires Today, History, Music, Literature & Cinema, Art & Architecture, Transportation, Directory A–Z and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Buenos Aires guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, literature and cinema to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities, as well as handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on literature and cinema
- info on music – including tango
- full coverage of the fascinating history of the city
- details on the city’s traditional and contemporary art and architecture
Coverage includes: Buenos Aires Today, History: From the Arrival of the Spanish to the Presidency of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Music, Literature & Cinema, Art & Architecture: Visual Arts, Architectural History and Modern Architecture, Transportation, Directory A–Z and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.