Buenos Aires - The Center (PDF Chapter)
Stretching from Retiro to San Telmo and encompassing Microcentro and Montserrat, this is the heart and brain of the city. Plaza de Mayo is a good place to start, with the Casa Rosada presidential palace and the Museo Casa Rosada.
- hang out at Plaza de Mayo, BA’s historic heart surrounded by some of the city’s most important buildings
- catch a concert at the magnificent new Centro Cultural Kirchner, housed in the city’s former central post office.
- take a tour of the Manzana de las Luces during the day and return on Friday night to dance tango at the atmospheric milonga
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.