Buenos Aires - South of Palermo (PDF Chapter)
Villa Crespo is a good area for outlet shopping and excellent restaurants. The main attraction in Abasto is the Mercado de Abasto, one of the city’s most attractive shopping malls. Once is home to hundreds of street vendors selling garments and cheap electronic devices.
- learn about tango’s most famous singer via his old recordings, news clippings and personal items at the small Museo Casa Carlos Gardel located at the very house he used to live in
- dance it up at Monday night’s drumming parties at the Ciudad Cultural Konex
- dance tango at la Catedral, BA’s most bohemian milonga (dance hall), after taking a class at DNI Tango nearby
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.