Buenos Aires - Retiro (PDF Chapter)
Retiro is a compact neighborhood most easily seen on foot. Wander around the Plaza San Martín area or join the crowds on pedestrian Calle Florida and follow it into the Center; Reconquista, another pedestrian street, is perfect for a lunch or coffee break.
- wander around the grand Plaza San Martín and get an eyeful of the impressive surrounding buildings
- tour the opulent Palacio Paz, once Argentina’s largest private residence
- check out the amazing silverwork at the under-the-radar Museo de Arte Hispanoamericano Isaac Fernández Blanco
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.