Buenos Aires - Recoleta & Barrio Norte (PDF Chapter)
Recoleta’s main attractions are concentrated around the cemetery. Nearby is the impressive Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes and just beyond is the landmark flower sculpture Floralis Genérica. From here you can walk to Palermo’s fancy MALBA museum and green parks.
- wander among the tombs in the astonishing Cementerio de la Recoleta where, in death as in life, generations of the Argentine elite rest in ornate splendor
- catch a concert, film or theatrical performance or see an exhibition at the excellent Centro Cultural Recoleta
- indulge in afternoon tea at the Alvear Palace Hotel’s beautiful, flower-filled Orangerie
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.