*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Budapest - Southern Pest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Pest chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
The colourful districts of Józsefváros (Joseph Town) and Ferencváros (Francis, or Franz, Town) – are traditionally working class and full of students. It’s a lot of fun wandering the backstreets, peeping into courtyards and small, often traditional, shops.
- taking a trip through the near and distant past by wandering the corridors of the Hungarian National Museum, the nation’s treasure trove of historical artefacts
- strolling through the Nagycsarnok (p143), southern Pest’s well-endowed Great Market
- admiring the art and architecture of the Art Nouveau Museum of Applied Arts
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.