Budapest - Southern Pest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Pest chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
The colourful districts of Józsefváros (Joseph Town) and Ferencváros (Francis, or Franz, Town) – are traditionally working class and full of students. It’s a lot of fun wandering the backstreets, peeping into courtyards and small, often traditional, shops.
- taking a trip through the near and distant past by wandering the corridors of the Hungarian National Museum, the nation’s treasure trove of historical artefacts
- strolling through the Nagycsarnok (p143), southern Pest’s well-endowed Great Market
- admiring the art and architecture of the Art Nouveau Museum of Applied Arts
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.