*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Budapest - Óbuda & Buda Hills (PDF Chapter)
This is the Óbuda & Buda Hills chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
Óbuda retains a lost-in-the-past village feel; here you’ll find excellent museums, the remains of the Roman settlement of Aquincum and some legendary eateries. The Buda Hills are a breath of fresh air and offer forms of transport that will delight kids of all ages.
- touring the BudaHills by three of the most unusual conveyances you’re likely to encounter: the Cog Railway up into the hills, the unique Children’s Railway through them, and the Chairlift down
- walking backwards in time by strolling through the fabulously upgraded Roman-era Aquincum
- exploring the world beneath you by visiting any or all of the Buda Hills’ trio of caves: Mátyáshegy, Pálvölgy or Szeml?hegy
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.