No code necessary. See terms.
Budapest - Óbuda & Buda Hills (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Óbuda & Buda Hills chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
Óbuda retains a lost-in-the-past village feel; here you’ll find excellent museums, the remains of the Roman settlement of Aquincum and some legendary eateries. The Buda Hills are a breath of fresh air and offer forms of transport that will delight kids of all ages.
- touring the BudaHills by three of the most unusual conveyances you’re likely to encounter: the Cog Railway up into the hills, the unique Children’s Railway through them, and the Chairlift down
- walking backwards in time by strolling through the fabulously upgraded Roman-era Aquincum
- exploring the world beneath you by visiting any or all of the Buda Hills’ trio of caves: Mátyáshegy, Pálvölgy or Szemlőhegy
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.