Budapest - Margaret Island & Northern Pest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Margaret Island & Northern Pest chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
Lovely Margaret Island’s shaded walkways, large swimming complexes, thermal spa and gardens offer refuge to the denizens of both sides of the river. Northern Pest is vaguely reminiscent of New York’s Upper West Side, it has tree-lined streets, antique shops, boutiques and lovely cafes.
- revisiting Budapest’s medieval past on Margaret Island by strolling from the ruins of the Franciscan church and monastery, past the one-time Dominican convent where St Margaret is buried and on to the Romanesque Premonstratensian church
- pampering yourself at the Danubius Health Spa, one of the most modern spas in town
- paying homage to the heroic Raoul Wallenberg at his statue in Szent István Park
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.