*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Budapest & Hungary - The Great Plain (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Great Plain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Budapest & Hungary guidebook.
The Great Plain and its spellbinding big-sky country holds a romantic appeal for Hungarians. The Hortobágy region is where the myth of the lonely shepherd, the wayside inn and Gypsy vio-linists – kept alive in literature and art – was born.
- birdwatch and sample the namesake meat-filled pancake in a century-old inn in Hortobágy National Park
- enjoy Kecskemét’s wonderful art nouveau architecture and pretty pedestrian squares
- take to the Tisza in a boat and seeing the culture-filled town of Szeged from an entirely new vantage point
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Debrecen, Hortobágy National Park, Kecskemét, Kiskunság National Park, Szeged.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.