Budapest & Hungary - The Great Plain (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the The Great Plain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Budapest & Hungary guidebook.
The Great Plain and its spellbinding big-sky country holds a romantic appeal for Hungarians. The Hortobágy region is where the myth of the lonely shepherd, the wayside inn and Gypsy vio-linists – kept alive in literature and art – was born.
- birdwatch and sample the namesake meat-filled pancake in a century-old inn in Hortobágy National Park
- enjoy Kecskemét’s wonderful art nouveau architecture and pretty pedestrian squares
- take to the Tisza in a boat and seeing the culture-filled town of Szeged from an entirely new vantage point
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Debrecen, Hortobágy National Park, Kecskemét, Kiskunság National Park, Szeged.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.